We launched our fourth Open Lecture Series event on Saturday, May 18, 2019 in Minneapolis, MN. Climate Justice: A Better Future for Us All was a conference focused on building a narrative on the human right to a safe and habitable environment, and the challenges posed by over consumption and a rapidly industrializing world. Panel members shared stories and creative solutions to address the degradation of our environment and the inequalities within our communities. In this FREE course, the conference is presented in nine podcasts episodes and include:
- Episode One: Bailey Martin, Food Hub Director Hmong American Farmers Association
- Episode Two: Ben Passer, Fresh Energy’s Director of Energy Access & Equity
- Episode Three: Catherine Fleming, IT professional, business owner, real estate developer, social worker, mother, wife, and social and economic activist
- Episode Four: Mysti Babineau, MN 350’s Climate Justice organizer, leading the Climate Majority Project and coordinating the work of the Policy Action Team.
- Episode Five: Timothy DenHerder-Thomas, General Manager of Cooperative Energy Futures
- Episode Six: Vishnu Laalitha Surapaneni, practicing internal medicine physician, member of Health Professionals for Healthy Climate and assistant professor department of general internal medicine U of Minnesota.
- Episode Seven: Keynote panel discussion
- Episode Eight: Voices of the Future. Youth panel discussion