Basic Online Studies are FREE online courses open to the public that span the full range of humanist values and principles. They are designed to reach wide and varied audiences across the world, introducing individuals to the basic ideas of the humanist lifestance. For a deeper understanding of humanism, check out our Advanced Online Studies, which each require a one-time fee.
All courses require you to register and log in to access the full content. You can access courses anytime and complete them at your own pace.
- Introduction to Humanism
- Humanist Activism & Organization (2 courses)
- Science & Humanism (2 courses)
- Psychology & Humanism (2 courses)
- Law & Politics (2 courses)
- Religion & Spirituality (2 courses)
- Ethics (2 courses)
- Philosophy and the Humanist Connection (2 courses)
- Positive Humanism
- Religious Humanism
- Bringing Humanism Home: Activities for Children & Families
NOTE: Under the leadership of Lawrence Jones, the Institute for Humanist Studies created these courses in the early 1980s to share humanism across the globe. The Center for Education is aware the courses need updates to align with advancements in thought, societal changes, and modern understandings. We are revising these courses to represent current humanist perspectives better.